What is white and rose gold?

When gold is pure, it has a stunning yellow colour. When goldsmiths want to use gold to make jewellery, they almost never use pure 24k gold, but for example 18k gold which exist for 75% out of pure gold. The other 25% is an alloy. This alloy is needed to make gold stronger so jewels can’t be broken or bent.

When 18k gold has a white look, the 25% alloy is palladium, nickel or silver. When your 18k gold has a pink rosy tone, 25% is Copper. So white or rose gold is created by melting pure gold with another metal with a strong colour tone.






STAFF PICK_$show=/p/faq.html$type=sticky$c=4$m=0$l=1$icon=1$h=318



STAFF PICK_$type=sticky$c=4$m=0$l=1$icon=1$h=318$show=post


faq,17,new products,397,newsletter,1,staff pick,46,updates,3,what is,14,
House of Magic Treasures: What is white and rose gold?
What is white and rose gold?
House of Magic Treasures
Loaded All Posts Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS PREMIUM CONTENT IS LOCKED STEP 1: Share to a social network STEP 2: Click the link on your social network Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy